We Put More Time and Thought Into Your Needs
Louisiana Commercial Realty is a commercial real estate firm like no other. Last year we successfully marketed two of the most complicated, highest priced, properties in New Orleans commercial real estate. Our clients come to us because they want the best, and here is what we deliver:
1) Better Advice-Robert Hand is the only Broker in Louisiana with an MBA degree, the CCIM designation and the SIOR designation. That means we are better trained to produce results for you. Buyers and sellers of commercial property benefit because we can discuss the most complicated aspects of commercial real estate with institutions but at the same time discuss the bottom line with individuals. We speak the language of CFO but also Truck Driver and have the negotiation skills to know when to listen and when to speak.
2) Better Use of Technology-We use technology to help clients make smarter decisions. It takes time and money to ramp up with the latest technology but it is our business model and how we do business. For example, if we are helping you sell a property, we track in ACT database software every person who is interested in your property. We track every conversation and email. The reason this helps sellers of property is because with commercial real estate, the time to actually close on a property can range from 3 months to 3 years, and the person who initially wanted your property may decide not to purchase. We have customized the software so we can instantly produce a list of everyone interested in your property if you need to re-market your property. This reduces the time to market the property, which lowers carrying costs, marketing costs and time. Another example is our heavy use of satellite imaging in marketing presentations so buyers and sellers are better able to understand exactly what they are discussing. But we don’t stop there: Robert is also a private pilot and is able to fly over property to produce the latest aerial photographs. Another example is how we provide buyers and sellers with the latest demographic information, using the Site To Do Business which is only available to CCIM designees. This technology produces detailed reports on population, education, disposable income and the latest lifestyle demographics which can tell you details such as how many people buy Starbucks coffee or how often people eat out. For buyers of New Orleans commercial property, this information can help you be smart like Wal-Mart even though you don’t have your own real estate department. For sellers of New Orleans commercial property, this information helps explain to buyers the strengths of your property.
3) Better Marketing Presentations-Sellers of commercial property usually don’t see their marketing presentation, so they don’t know if the presentation used to market their property is turning buyers away or actually creating demand. We believe there is a better way to market property, and we use our MBA training to produce spectacular marketing presentations. It takes more time, but clients come to us because we put more time and thought into marketing property. For sellers of property, our work helps create demand. For buyers of property it provides you with all the information you need to make a decision quickly. Our marketing presentations are usually 10-20 pages rather than a one page flyer provided by most sellers. We provide satellite photographs, maps, zoning, nearby competitive sites for sale and for lease, trends, environmental reports, surveys, financial information, and appraisals. You can download our marketing presentation from the Internet and they are available on our home page under featured properties.
4) Big Picture Thinking– using our MBA training, we can better explain the buyers why your property works for them. Because we put more thought into the project, we have already figured out how a buyer can make money with your property. We have done the homework for the buyer, and are prepared to answer all questions and to discuss the fine points at the very first meeting. Below is a diagram of our comprehensive approach to marketing a property, which interweaves our utilization of the Internet to produce maximum visibility with viral marketing through a commercial property database to reach buyers and sellers, layered with target marketing and topped with media advertising. Each segment feeds on the other to form a comprehensive marketing approach.
Tools We Use To Market Property:
1) The Internet. Are you aware that 70% of buyers find property today initially through the Internet. If your property is not on the Internet, you are not getting in front of enough people. Typically, our marketing strategy gets your property in front of 5,000 qualified buyers. Of that, maybe 250 are interested in your specific property and, of that, maybe 50 are interested enough to make a phone call for more information. Of that, maybe 5 will visit your property and maybe 2 of those will make an offer. The numbers are staggering, and we are the best at getting the word out. If you only have a sign out front, you are not getting the numbers you need to command the highest possible market price. We are subscribers at the premium level to Loopnet.com, the commercial database where we post your property because buyers search Loopnet.com for commercial property. We track how many buyers see your property and how many download our marketing presentation, so we can tell you how successful your property is in the marketplace. This helps you make better real estate decisions.
LoopNet members can list, search, market and research commercial real estate properties over the Internet – reducing their marketing costs, expanding their reach, accelerating the pace of transactions and enhancing their insights on the market. LoopNet operates the largest and most heavily trafficked commercial real estate listing service online with more than 5 million registered members and 2.6 million monthly average unique visitors. The LoopNet online marketplace contains more than $450 billion of property available for sale and 6.7 billion square feet of property available for lease. LoopNet customers include virtually all of the top commercial real estate firms in the U.S., including CB Richard Ellis, Century 21 Commercial, Coldwell Banker Commercial, Colliers International, Cushman & Wakefield, Grubb & Ellis, Lincoln Property Company, Marcus & Millichap, NAI Global, ProLogis, RE/MAX and Sperry Van Ness.
2) CCIM. As a member of this trade association, we have access the highest technology for our marketing presentations. Using the Site To Do Business, we can cull important demographics to help buyers make better decisions about commercial property. Robert Hand is a CCIM designee, which took three years of training to complete, topped off by a grueling six hour comprehensive exam. A CCIM (Certified Commercial Investment Member) is a recognized expert in the commercial and investment real estate industry. A CCIM is part of a global commercial real estate network with members across North America and more than 30 countries. This professional network has enabled CCIM members to close thousands of transactions annually, representing more than $200 billion in value. As a result, the experts who possess the CCIM designation are an invaluable resource for commercial real estate owners, investors, and users. CCIMs have completed a designation curriculum that covers essential CCIM skill sets including ethics, interest-based negotiation, financial analysis, market analysis, user decision analysis, and investment analysis for commercial investment real estate. CCIMs have completed a portfolio demonstrating the depth of their commercial real estate experience. Over 15,000 commercial real estate professionals have earned the designation, representing the top 5% of the industry.
3) SIOR. Robert Hand is a member of the Society of Industrial and Office Realtors which is a leading professional commercial and industrial real estate association. With more than 3,000 members in more than 580 cities in 28 countries, SIOR represents today’s most knowledgeable, experienced, and successful commercial real estate brokerage specialists. Real estate professionals who have earned the SIOR designation are recognized as the most capable and experienced brokerage practitioners in any market. A professional affiliate of the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS, SIOR is dedicated to the practice and maintenance of the highest professional and ethical standards. SIOR maintains a commitment to business and industry by providing outstanding professional services, publications, and educational programs.
Transaction Data shows the success of SIOR members:
On average SIOR members reported that he or she leased or sold an average of 1.1 million square feet of space for a total dollar volume of $33.4 million in 30 transactions over a recent 4 year period. As a group, SIOR designees closed more than 78,000 transactions.